Friday 3 October 2014

Jib sheet leads

I'm experimenting
with a plastic ring
and a piece of string:
The string runs from the chainplate to the side cleat. I put the ring on it where I thought would be a good spot for the jib sheet lead. I'm thinking that I like the lead down lower and not on the cabin top. To change the location of the ring, I can move it along the string to wherever I want it, and I can also tighten up the string to bring the ring closer to the deck if I want.

I'm thinking I may end up with a ring attached to the gunnel with webbing, similar to how I used the rings elsewhere. But maybe this system above will prove just as good or better... we'll see. I found that, although the ring ends up above the centre of the deck, I could still walk forward stepping through it. I like that I can walk forward on the side decks on this boat without the boat feeling at all tippy; and that I can stand on the foredeck without even thinking that this is just a 16' boat. Can't do that on a Wayfarer, which is 1" longer. (Lots the Wayfarer can do that Firefly can't, but we won't get into that. )


No comments:

Post a Comment