Monday 15 June 2015

Saturday sail

Friday was too windy, but Saturday looked like it was shaping up nicely. I got out in about 8 knot winds, way over by Witty's Lagoon. I noticed that the tide was sweeping me toward Race Rocks quite swiftly, and the wind was getting a little iffy, so I headed back. Three cruise ships came along at the same time. This one threw up some fierce waves, and then the wind, which was supposed to have built nicely to 15 knots, quit. So I motored home.
It happened that David Bowie's Cat People (Putting Out Fire) was on my sound system. It wasn't intentional, honest!  :-)

Almost forgot to say that the jib telltales are working much better:

I made a little button and button hole with some whipping thread and a dowel, to capture the jib downhaul so the telltales don't get caught in it, just forward of the bottom telltale.



No comments:

Post a Comment