Sunday 17 January 2016

Model

Since I found myself with two sets of plans, I decided to use the one I won't build (Toto) to make a model with, so I could get a hands-on as to the building sequence. Very simple, really. My only problem was that the white glue didn't stick the paper onto the balsa as well as it could have, so had to be removed in places, but not before I marked whatever station was going to be lost thereby.

Toto, the one I modeled below, has a bigger transom than Rio Grande, the one I will build. The top form in the top picture here is the transom, and you can see that the bottom plank is going to be 4" wide there, since the half-measure is 2". On the Rio Grande it's one inch wide, ½" half-measure, and the vertical side is a bit more than half the height of Toto's side, so she'll have a daintier bum:





No comments:

Post a Comment