Saturday 23 February 2019

Anchor hold-downs

I want to be able to anchor, and I don't want the anchor to be moving around in the boat when it's not in use, so I made a little spot for it in the forward compartment:
The hook-and-loop material is industrial strength and thanks to my friend Vladi.
The black stuff under and behind is some salvaged foam material.
Of course, all the scrapes and new work will be painted up. The anchor is a 2kg (4.4lbs) Bruce.

Today I took everything off that I've been so busy fastening on: oarlocks & oar sockets, rudder & rudder fittings, decks, leeboard brackets, bow ring. Getting ready to turn her over and do the bottom. I was going to totally finish the top first, but it's too cold for paint, so I'll do some fibreglassing instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment