Monday 15 September 2014

Oak Bay!

John towed Firefly to the northern Cattle Point ramp, which is steeper, so we didn't need the trailer extension. I hopped in and started the engine, but it kept dying. I pulled and pulled and pulled the start cord with no ignition and Firefly got blown ashore. Hopping off onto underwater rocks was so automatic I barely remember doing it. John asked me if I'd turned the gas lever to "on". The light bulb went on in my brain, I hopped back in and off we went (Firefly & I—John stayed ashore).
I dropped the mizzen mast in backwards!
Here we are, just off Cattle Point, headed for the marina. I didn't want to bend the sails on without the ballast aboard, so motored all the way.

The new arrival:
Entering the slip was a perfect manoeuvre. No-one was there to catch me, but no-one was needed.
 
Snugged in. I like that I have a whole slip to myself, so I can centre the boat and not need bumpers:
I set up some bumpers with lanyards to suit, just for when I arrive sloppy.

Where's Firefly?

Nice spot.

Tomorrow I sail, last day before the rain starts in on Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment