Monday 19 January 2015

Interior work

Here's the board stopper that keeps the daggerboards wedged against the cabin side. Cushion removed so as to see it:
I processed the photo so one can see the extra layers of fiberglass better, that I added to thicken the boards in way of the trunk. I used pieces of mat from John's scrap bin.

The photo below shows the port bunk with the bin lid back on, and the cut-out in the port bulkhead just ahead of the right cushion, so I can stick my feet out when I lie down there.
I've been shutting the doors and lighting the candle lanterns to see if they add any warmth to the cabin. There may be a difference of a few degrees. And it may keep the moisture level down somewhat. It would be nice to have a teensy heater going...

I made a swinging stopper to keep the cross-board from lifting out. I wanted to be able to take the board out to change out the water jugs when the time comes. Or whatever. Flexible space.
Gas can still temporary. I uncrated the folded zinc plates from the cardboard box I had them in, and slid them under that forepeak shelf. Plus there's a pile of flat zinc plates on top of the shelf, under the clear water jug. I plan to put a board fence around that pile to keep them in place, and to hide the pokey corners of the plates.

Boat as mini-workshop. It probably will never end. The stopper gets a hole to swing around. That's a cordless drill, mate!




No comments:

Post a Comment