Saturday 21 May 2016

Seeing red

This is very close to the way these colours look:
I love the blue colour of the tape.
The amas have a stripe on one side only (the port side of the port ama, starboard side of the starboard ama), so that I'll know which is which at a glance. The location of the inspection hatch covers indicate orientation, as they're off-centre fore-and-aft. (They'll always be aft of centre.) I originally thought it would be a good idea to make the amas so that they go on whichever way, but I don't trust my assembly process to have achieved that. If they can go on any way, I may paint a stripe on the other side as well.
I wanted to leave the skeg white, but the thought of the amount of effort it would take to tape it off was too daunting after I'd fussed with all the little tape joins on the hulls.


No comments:

Post a Comment