Sunday 19 July 2020

Ready to go again

The boom is re-installed with its new cheeks on, and the pole got shifted from the boom to take the place of the yard when I took the original yard home to add cheeks to it as well.

I went sailing Saturday, and that pole looks just right as a yard! The test will be heavy wind.

I've got to shorten that aft jiffy reef line!
I take it as a good sign that the rounding in the head of the sail (along the yard) has more curvature than the yard itself while the sail is unloaded. The reason I say that is because the yard won't start bending till there's enough wind in the sail. In my brief glances at it while sailing, it looked good, although I don't remember thinking about that specifically at the time. There's usually too much happening to be focussing on the details unless I've decided ahead of time to focus on something.

My new neighbour (right background, white lapstrake hull) I'm told is a Jack Holt design. So far no luck finding out which one of his many successful designs it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment