Cabin interior showing newly painted floors and floorboards. The grey I found is much darker and bluer than what was on her, but I like it:
Finally finished painting the rudder pieces and got them put together. This is the blade in the down position:
Below is the blade in the up position:
More rudder shots:
|Check out the groove for the downhaul to run in!|
Finally got to cutting the basic shape out of the tiller.
MastThe mast is now painted. I hadn't realized that it was hollow all the way to the bottom. I didn't like that, so I put a piece of wood in the middle, to just above the pivot pin. Which meant I had to take the pivot pin out. It was very well made and so difficult to extract that it had to be demolished. In its place I installed a piece of ¾" stainless pipe that John Booth gave me. Stronger than ever!
Firefly could be a couple weeks away from launch. Except that my eldest daughter and her family are visiting for ten days, so it will be more like three weeks. Really soon!