Then, I was so curious to see all that was under the cockpit floor board, that I pulled it up. The trick to that is that the cockpit bench tops overhang and get in the way of pulling the floor board up, so the bench tops needed to be taken off and stashed. But then all the stuff that had accumulated on them had to get cleaned up and sorted away first.
I forgot to take a photo before I started in with the cleaning, but remembered before too long:
You can see water stains, like here:
|Haunted by the bull of Pamplona?|
After the cockpit was cleaned out, I sanded and painted the floorboard, the little step-boxes just ahead of the cockpit benches, and the after end of the floor itself, as the floor board doesn't cover it all. Also put the second coat of white on the window frames outside. Finished around 7 pm.
I'm considering painting the cabin doors dark brown, like the rudder, and the after side of the cabin the orangy wood colour of the mast, the cabin top and the yet-to-be-painted decks. The transom also will be that colour. I'm trying to get all of one colour ready so that I can do it all with one opening of the can and one roller and tray cleaning. The white on the cabin sides will go on next. Three coats each colour.
It's very pleasant working under the new tarp. Because it's open-sided, there is good air flow, nice breezes.