Tuesday 28 April 2015

Boards work!

It wasn't a great day for wind, but I just had to try out the newly finished daggerboards, so I headed out two Sundays ago. There were lots of power boats stirring things up, and a number of big boats with lots of people on them roaring back and forth bothering the whales. I guess the whales were up to no good, so they had to be watched.

The boards worked great. I'm glad to finally be done with that project. Or should I say, that part of the project?

The wind was so fluky I couldn't make it out past Ogden Point pier without powering up the outboard. But once I got out, there was some wind for awhile before it died for the night.

Here's a little video of the best breezy bit:

I wanted it to show Mount Baker better, but the camera didn't do that.



No comments:

Post a Comment