Saturday 18 April 2015

Readier than Ever

Finished up the boards, finally! I can go sailing again.
My thanks once again to John for letting me use his space and materials. In exchange I helped him lay up one of his dinghies.
(In case you're wondering what that bandage is doing on the cockpit floor, it was where the table leg fit. I found that every valuable little thing I dropped on the floorboard found that hole. Lifting the floorboard requires first taking off the cockpit seat tops—too much work, thus the bandage.)

Since it's been so sunny lately I decided to try on the non-waterproof cockpit cover that came with the boat:
It uses the pvc hoops for extra spaciousness. It's open at the back, and doesn't go down as far as the rain cover, so there's more air flow. Lani says that, contrary to what I would have thought, a darker tarp is cooler underneath than a lighter one.

I made a cover for the iPad out of clear vinyl, to protect it from splash and rain. It kept ending up on the cabin floor before, so I fastened straps to the cabin door to hold it. This is the first iteration. Lots more vinyl to play with.
The doors look green 'cause the cover's on. The nail in the vise grips was for melting the holes in the webbing; heated with a mini-torch (but not on the cushion!).



No comments:

Post a Comment