Friday 25 March 2016

Decking complete, baby born

Before I put the aft side decks on, I made some hanging knees and installed them at the after end of the future hatch opening:
This is looking forward, at the aft side of the cockpit bulkhead. The temporary pink foam form is there to keep the deck angle consistent. The green tape was unnecessary. I wanted to keep splash off the untreated foam, but there was none.

One side deck on, the other gooped and ready:
Like my advanced-design stool? :-)
 
Aft side decks on:

A baby boat was spotted alongside its mother near Victoria Harbour:

I started two amas to my intermediate design, out of doorskin for now, so I can see how they go without too much outlay. I wanted to see the two sizes together. The ama looks small to me at this point. It could be longer, but I don't want it deeper, as it will drag.

I like how similar the bow shapes are:

The whole ama:
Just wired together for now, cross-piece screwed on to hold the top open. The ends are identical. The placement is wrong here, though: the top of the ama will be closer to the sheer line of the main hull, and the ama will be farther out from the main hull. I'm guessing the akas (what we used to call cross-beams) will be 7' long.




No comments:

Post a Comment