Monday 28 May 2018

Bobber Ann named

First, she was painted with two coats of Pettit Easypoxy semi-gloss white.

I really enjoyed the translucent quality of the clear-finished cloth, but cringed every time I saw the boat baking in the sun in a parking lot on top of the car.

Aesthetics are always top of mind, but practicality comes just ahead. After all, it wouldn't do to have a pretty boat that fell apart due to sun damage.

Lettering positioned.
Overlay coming off.
"Fredly" font has a break between the 'e' and the 'r' that I closed using Illustrator.
She's "Bobber Ann" because she's so corky. And because I enjoy the song. (Yes, I know it's technically "Barbara Ann", but I spelled it the way the Beach Boys sing it.)

Above the name you can see the racing stripe that I painted over because it wasn't coming off well.
I thought it would be easy to find racing stripe tape, but it's not. The skinny one is dark blue, and an official racing stripe.
I wanted a green stripe about ⅜" wide. The green one is ¾" PVC tape such as electricians use. Both are on temporarily (I hope!).
Yes, I could do it the old-fashioned way and paint a stripe on, but I'm too lazy. I don't like either of these solutions, so I'm considering not having a stripe at all now. I can always put one on some other time down the road.

Buoyancy tanks are done and painted. Putting it all together tomorrow. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment