Thursday 14 August 2014

Lifted Up!

Starchy helped me lift Firefly up and tape her waterline. The waterline is adequate—I decided not to be too fussy about it. Just want to go sailing! The darker green tape is the splash guard.
There's just enough room now between the bunk and the hull to put my hand in and sand, or use a small roller. I also patched a small hole that must have come from something getting caught between the bunk and the hull.

(I need to add more rubber pads to the tops of the drums and move them out a bit.)
The boat is not resting on the block in the foreground; that's just a backup for the jack, which you can just see behind it. The pads on the drums are for stabilizing, not load-bearing.

I brought the waterline up almost two inches, and more at the bow, which I hope the ballast will compensate for. There's not as much white showing as I thought there would be, so I'm considering painting it red.
Her bottom is all sanded now, and waiting for the epoxy patch to kick so it can be painted.



No comments:

Post a Comment