Wednesday 20 August 2014

Rudder together, friggin with the riggin

Super tiller catch!

Work on the rudder is done. Down-haul & up-haul lines are next, to swing the blade.

Work on the rigging proceeds. On the mizzen, the halyard and topping lift are done; new stays were made from Amsteel Blue, new turnbuckles bought. I learned how to splice the Amsteel Blue from a fellow at Trotac, and got good at it.

On the main, a new pulley for the jib halyard on the mast means the bolt that goes through the bottom of the top part of the mast can be tightened properly. New stainless bolts, top and bottom:

The marina manager is away until the end of the month, so launch won't happen until then.
I took the battens out of the mizzen so that it could be rolled up. I'll keep them but probably won't use them, as I don't think they're necessary. I'm waiting for a calm day to hoist all sails together.


No comments:

Post a Comment